Tuesday, August 2, 2011

workdream, rain and headaches.

I couldn't sleep last night. Well, mostly this morning. I had one of those things where you know you're dreaming and then you wake up and then when you go back to sleep your dream continues. This particular dream was about trying to bring up a customer's information at work. So I had that dream throughout my designated sleep schedule and then I went to work. It's never a fun time going to work, but it's the worst when you feel you just barely put a shift in in your sleep.

My head has been hurting a lot lately. I don't know if it's a symptom of something else. I was wondering today if maybe we have symptoms to actually distract us from the problem rather than direct us toward it. I've mentioned before that when I get anxiety, I get the actual physical symptoms and I can't remember why. Often, something will happen that will set my whole day off. And then as I'm working, shaking my leg restlessly or trying to catch my breath for no reason, I'd wonder what set it off. Then I'd think for a minute. Then I'd remember. And then I'd once again have the physical symptoms AND the original problem.

Reminds me of one of my all time favorite Futurama exchanges:

Guy 1: "This is the worst part -- the calm before the battle."
Guy 2: "But then the battle's not so bad?"
Guy 1: "Oh right. I forgot about the battle." *shudder*

At first I thought my headaches are a result of the summer heat, but two blessings are preventing that. First, it's been raining all summer long (apparently in sharp contrast to the rest of the country). Second, I'm blessed to work indoors in a very air-conditioned building during the peak sun hours.

The rainfall has been more of a blessing than just a heat suppressant. The sun can depress me so much. I don't know if it's just because I'm a wannabe goth, or if it's because the sun tends to shine so much here that any change is welcome. Like many people freely admit these days, cloudy weather brightens my spirits far more than sunshine. It's just so much easier to take in and enjoy.

Anyway, I have a headache now. Maybe it's a blessing. I brought it upon myself to distract me from whatever caused it. It's working so well, that I don't know what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment