Wednesday, October 19, 2011

peace and queues, thinking and driving

I watch a lot of television.

A lot.

I guess it's not really TV, it's Netflix. I don't have cable in my room. Not much difference though. It's just like I'm watching TV a year ago or something.

Anyway, I come home from work and watch Netflix until I go to bed.

Every day.

Is it an addiction? Maybe. It may certainly seem that way from the outside. Do I have to do it? Certainly not. Do I actually force myself to do it? Yes. Why? because it is better than the alternative. The alternative is simply being alone with my thoughts for more than a half hour at once.

I was thinking while driving today. Thinking is almost as dangerous as drinking (while drinking is a lot like Netflix, actually). I was thinking about romance and how I've let it escape so many times. I was thinking about that charge you get when you meet someone interesting. I've gotten that charge so many times. Now, I'm so out of fuel that I'd be surprised if a spark ever ignites again. I think the reason I never really latched onto love the way I should have is because I thought love was all those little charges and sparks -- and not what came after them.

Anyway, lately I've been watching a lot of Hyperdrive. It's a British sci-fi comedy starring Nick Frost. I would love to make a show just like it. The third season of Parks and Rec is actually pretty funny. Rob Lowe and Adam Scott help tremendously. Of course there's always Deep Space Nine -- but that's mostly obligation.

No comments:

Post a Comment